Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Update

Wow when work gets busy the first things to go are usually reading blogs and writing in my blog. I have another work trip coming up next week followed immediately by a well deserved vacation. The last week at work has been me frantically planning and organizing this large meeting in Baltimore, where I will be headed on Wednesday through Friday. I hope to take lots of cool pictures and blog about my trips when I can. But in the meantime I wanted to get on here and share some of the highlights from the last few days and also try to catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs!

I got my hair done this weekend and picked up a bottle of Moroccan oil. I had a tiny sample bottle that I got for Christmas and LOVED it, I could totally tell a difference in the softness of my hair and I was in love. After the bottle ran out I went back and forth on if I should spend the money to buy more of this stuff but when I was there getting my hair colored  naturally blonde again, I decided the $48 for a 6-12 month supply was worth it because of how much I heat and chemical damage my locks. LOVE

The bf and I are planning more house projects and we were thinking about adding some patio stone to the area right outside our front door where grass doesn't really grow. But now we think we have an even better idea and I will be sharing about that when we start :)

YUM breakfast smoothie!!! 

Here's my new lunch bag from the bf that I got for my bday, super cute right? He has great taste! And look how much food fits in there 

Got the chance to stop by and see my nephew over the weekend, we like to make silly faces...although mine is more scary than silly lol I adore that kid 

For my birthday I asked my mom for a bunch of random things, included pink nail polish! She got the two cutest colors of pink I can't wait to see how nice they look, I'm thinking the lighter color for my finger nails and the dark color for my toe nails, perfect mani and pedi for vacation. 

For Mother's Day I brought Caribou Coffee breakfast to my mom along with some presents, including some flowers for her to plant and some cute "Toms" style shoes. I got the egg white, spinach and turkey bacon sandwich and my mom got a mini version of that sandwich and a slice of coffee cake, which she gave me a tiny taste of. I also got an iced coffee YUM! Happy mama's day!!!
 


I also signed up with a great product testing group called Influenster. My first VoxBox came and it was new Palmolive dish soap. There are two scents, "Coconut Butter" and "Vitamin E". The Coconut scent smells like summer and the beach, I really love it. The Vitamin E scent isn't totally my style, smells like baby soap or a grandma's house. I normally buy the cheapest store brand on sale dish soap because I'm so frugal, but it will be nice to see what fancier soap is like. I might share the Vitamin E bottle with a friend or someone who enjoys that scent more than I do. I'm excited to be a part of programs like this and be able to review new things. The products were sent to me for free but any reviews or opinions share are entirely my own.

Are you having a good weekend?
How did you celebrate Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment