Friday, May 3, 2013

Cookie Monster

I've been wanting to make cookies for a few days now, but every time I think about actually doing it, I decide it's more work than I am interested in and don't make them. Well the ripe bananas I wanted to use for the cookies were really reaching their last bits of life so I knew I had to act quickly. I finally made some cookies, it is sort of a made up recipe based on This Recipe and the recipe on the tub of oatmeal that I bought. I came up with this.



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Makes about 2 dozen 

Ingredients:
2 TBS Chocolate PB2 (or regular nut butter)
1 TBS vanilla soy milk (or any other milk)
3 very ripe bananas
1 individual cup no sugar added applesauce
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 Degrees

1.) Blend together the first 6 ingredients with a mixer until well blended
2.) Add salt, baking soda, oats and flour and mix in until well incorporated
3.) Add in chocolate chips until evenly mixed in
4.) drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets
5.) Bake for 13-15 minutes
6.) Take out of oven and let cook for 3-4 minutes on cookie sheets
7.) Transfer to wire cooling racks to finish cooling


I mixed up the PB2, milk, bananas, applesauce, vanilla extract and brown sugar- oh hey new bowls and new hand mixer!

Here after I added salt, baking soda, oats, flour and chocolate chips.

Mmm Fresh out of the oven- Next time I would make them smaller! I over-estimated my spoonfuls a lot

Cooling- wanting me to EAT THEM

Breakfast of oatmeal (I guess it was an oatmeal day) and raisins, with strawberries on the side.

Leftover turkey dog, pasta salad and watermelon

Dinner was the bf's fave of steak, mashed potatoes and green veggies

My brown dog watching me eat a cookie and wishing she could catch a crumb.










2 comments:

  1. yum! we're having steak tonight hot off the grill. it's been so nice here weather wise, you can smell food coming from the whole neighborhood because everyone is outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is my favorite smell! Grilling season, and bonfire season too, much better then snow plow season :)

      Delete