Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Cried About Guacamole

I have a confession to make.
I am a freak about food.
Yesterday morning as I was packing my lunch I noticed something was missing...I had put all the ingredients for my taco salad down on the bottom shelf of the fridge (hidden from bf's view) in order to make sure he didn't take them easily grab them. I could have sworn I put the guacamole down here with everything, I scanned the fridge and didn't see the little tub of green amazingness anywhere...then it dawned on me...I slowly turned around and walked over to the trash. There, empty and sad was the container that held the last serving of guacamole that was intended for MY TACO SALAD. Then, tears welled in my eyes. He ate MY guacamole!!! My delicious new Greek yogurt Guacamole from Trader Joe's.  I have to give the bf a little leeway because I didn't tell him I was planning to eat it the next day, and I didn't ask him NOT to eat it. But I went to bed at 10 pm thinking it was late enough that my last little bits of chunky guacamole would be safe until morning. Why am I nearly crying over guacamole?!!?! Why did it upset me so much?? I mean I had already had some, it's not like I didn't get to try it, and it's not like I can't go get more. I should be happy I found a healthy snack that the bf likes....BUT I WASN'T. I took my time to go to Trader Joe's, I lovingly picked out the new dip, and I had imagined how creamy and delicious it would be on top of my taco salad at lunch.
I. Am. A. Freak.....it's just food, but it really upset me.

I'm over it now, I'm not mad the bf or anything, but this salad sure was missing something.

In other news, in order to quell my sadness from the guacamole incident of '13, I made some chocolate chip cookies last night after dinner. 
OH wait, here was dinner:

I saw a recipe on Pinterest for cookies that didn't use any flour, sugar or eggs and I wanted to try them. 
I adapted This Recipe from "Watching What I Eat" and made these cookies

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
  • 1/3 cup chocolate PB2(or regular PB2)
  • individual cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups oats 
  • 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, mix 1/3 cup dry chocolate PB2 with 3 TBS of water
  3. Mash in bananas until completely combined
  4. Add in the applesauce and vanilla extract mix again until all are completely combined
  5. Add in the oats and chocolate chips and combine well
  6. Chill dough in fridge for 10 minutes
  7. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how you prefer your cookies, a little softer or a little chewier
  9. Enjoy!

I calculated this entire recipe to be 15 Points Plus. It will obviously depend on what kind of applesauce, oats or chocolate chips you use and any other modifications or substitutions you might make. I wanted to make 15 cookies so they would be 1 PP each...but I fail at portioning the dough and ended up with 13 cookies, I rounded up and say two cookies for 3PP just to be safe. They are SO GOOD, so good in fact the bf ate one, then went back for another- I know I did something right if he goes back for more, especially when I thought he would say they were weird.

Also, I completed Day 2 of Week 3 of my C25K, feeling better every single run I do, the longer running sections- up to 3 minutes at a time now, aren't even that hard. It's probably time to start upping my speed :)




button

10 comments:

  1. I've gotten overly emotional about the light sour cream being gone in my house as well. Your cookies look fantastic, I'm pinning them! And congrats on your C25K success so far, I'm totally a C25K dropout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has issues when someone eats something I really planned on. The cookies WERE fantastic, in fact they still are (eating them after lunch!) I probably would have dropped out of the c25k too but I bought a new pair of running shoes and the bf says I can't quit now lol

      Delete
  2. You can add that to the grocery list now, it has been approved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D guess I need to go to Trader Joe's more often!

      Delete
  3. this all looks so AMAZING, girl!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) i agree- diets don't work for me either!!! hehe- yes! the cookie dough was AMAZING!!! I might have to have some more this wk/end for Easter. :P

    Tomorrow is Fresh Friday over at my place- it's a fun little thing I do with my readers. I'd love for you to join in! Here's the link if you'd like to check it out. :)

    <3, Katherine

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/p/fresh-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely getting in on Fresh Friday, I've been seeing it for a few weeks now and I think it's time I join the fun :)

      Delete
  4. I needed a cookie recipe in my life! I can't wait to try it out.
    I have cried over food before. Actually, I yell first and say things like, "why did you think you could eat that?" Glad I'm not the only one who is very emotionally attached to her food. HA!
    Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved these cookies, not like regular cookies but still delicious and guilt free! Yeah I probably would have yelled or been angry too if it had been a different time of the month!

      Delete
  5. Been there...done that! When I was growing up, my dad worked nights and I swear had some sort of honing beaker out for anything and everything that was mine! I would be dreaming about having a glorious bowl of *enter fun and exciting cartoonish cereal here* only to wake up and see a crumbled box in the trash! Actually, that's probably why I am a serious food hoarder when it comes to breakfast foods now! Lol

    Note to self: Buy Trader Joe's guacamole.

    Second note to self: Make these cookies ASAP! I LOVE that you used PB2 in them...I'm kinda obsessed with peanut flour! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! once you have a mental picture of what you are going to eat or want to eat, then it gets destroyed...its heartbreaking!
      Yes you should buy trader joes chunky guacamole! and make cookies!! and then invite me over :)

      Delete