Monday, March 11, 2013

Why Bullying Bothers Me

Perhaps ignorance is bliss...or what you don't can't hurt you....but what about what you do know? I like to use the blogger dashboard in order to see how people are finding my blog, especially since I'm so new to the blogging world that I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Well one of the referring links looked strange so I clicked on it to see what it was, after all it had brought 19 views to my blog. Well turns out it is a forum for weight loss and diet, completely in Spanish (thank you Google translator for assisting) and some girl posted my blog on there laughing at me and saying some pretty hurtful things. Now why should I care what she thinks? I really don't. But it does bother me that someone who doesn't know me, thinks that she needs to put me down in order to what? Make herself feel better? Who is she to judge? She laughed that I said I was on a "diet" but eat pizza and tacos. I'm sorry, did she not notice that my pizza is made with a flat tortilla and portioned out reduced fat toppings? Or that tacos, when made properly can be a pretty healthy and balance meal? I get that I'm not a thin and super healthy person at this point, but the point is that I'm trying so why is she in a position to laugh at me or judge me? It just felt like middle and high school all over again, it stupidly upset me. So, enough on letting that bother me, do any of you seasoned bloggers have advice on how to deal with rude people online? 

Now to cheer up the mood a bit, here is a picture of my puppy when I woke up Sunday morning...what an awkward little brown dog she is

And here's a quick recap of my Sunday, Toast for breakfast

Apple and PB for snack

And for dinner: tacos. Go ahead bullies, judge my tacos. I had 4 Points Plus of extra lean ground beef, 2 Points Plus reduced fat cheese, green peppers, lettuce and hot sauce on 3 Point high fiber/low carb tortillas. 


11 comments:

  1. Hey there Robyn! I have replied to your post in the forum to apologise. I wasn't trying to bully you at all! I am sorry you took it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn! I am a new follower of your blog! I found you from the link-up from KTJ weighing in. Your story is inspiring and to be completely honest - You are the woman that lost the 100 pounds, even if it's in your past. 100 pounds is AMAZING! Do not let anyone discount you for that success! Just know that that person too, Keep up the great work. I'm losing weight by eating pizza and a TON of Chipotle (TACOS!) too!!

    Madalyn

    www.keepingintouchwiththeweavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madalyn! Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your encouraging words. I for sure have found so much more support in the vast online blogging community than I ever thought I would, and yes the negativity is far outnumbered by the kindness. Everyone has their own journey and I am glad for people like you who remind me of that.

      Delete
  3. Obviously I didn't quite edit that comment! Just know that the person who said those unkind words to you, has insecurities too! - There is the corrected version! I intend continuing to read your blog and check up on your progress! Have a wonderful Monday! If you ever need any encouragement, I am in the same boat you are! I lost 50 pounds and then gained in back in 2 years. Those men! When you find your soul mate, you become TOO comfortable! :) I'm sure you understand completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madalyn-
      I completely understand what you mean about those darn soul mates ;) I will be following your blog as well, :) It's always nice to find people out there who are working toward the same goals and have similar positive outlooks on life
      Happy Monday!

      Delete
  4. I am a moderator of the blog that you speak, the commentary of our client is not any kind of attack against you. There is no spam or advertising. Simply, in Spain or health food diet has nothing to do with what you understand by that kind of food, we eat a lot of vegetables, meat or fish grilled or steamed, baked food, fat, or oil , cottage cheese, sugar free things, no tacos, no pizzas, no bread, no cakes. So, to see your type of diet we are surprised because we do not see healthy. So there was a link to your blog, to let people see the differences.

    Sorry to offend you but we have not broken any rules.

    By the way, sorry my English, is a translator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karol-
      Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. It helps to understand where you are coming from and why my blog was posted. I did not think any rules were broken, however I felt that just because something is different or you do not understand it, does not make it wrong, and does not mean you should use it as a "bad example" to make fun of. I am following the Weight Watchers plan, perhaps you have heard of it? According to their weight loss guidelines, as long as I record everything I eat and stay within my daily points, my healthy high fiber pizza and tacos are considered ok. Hopefully your blog will continue to notice differences but understand that being different isn't always a bad thing. Thanks,
      Robyn

      Delete
  5. Hi Robin. I just wanted to say no one laughed at you. I believe she was shocked because she came from a different background. In Spain, tacos, tortilla and other Mexican food are considered party food, unhealthy food, which Spanish eat once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anonymous, perhaps not everyone on the blog was laughing at me, but the original comment was, she said "she says she's on a diet...jajajajajajajajaja", which is laughing. It is fine for her to disagree with what I eat, but laughing implies judging to me.

      Delete
  6. ... I think it's because in Spain, the only Mexican food you can buy are pre-packed, unhealthy, is not possible to buy authentic Mexican food, such frijoles, huitlacoche and many others nutricious ingredients. Please, don't be upset because a silly cultural difference. You are welcome to our forum. I am sure many of us would love to learn more about your recipes. Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robin! I came from that spanish forum just to give you all my support. I didn't like that post, first of all because when i came to visit your forum i expected to see the worse diet ever... and i saw a... well, different but healthy diet after all... and also because even if it was so terrible as she said, she's noone to judge! I think they're just jealous, jealous because your food looks tastier than theirs :P
    So ignore haters! Thats all! Go on and good luck!
    I apologize if my english is not good at all ^^

    ReplyDelete