Monday, February 25, 2013

I hide from my problems

So clearly I have not posted anything on here for a while because I fell of the points wagon. Not to say that I binged or anything just that I got so frustrated not seeing any results that I just stopped writing things down and stopped posting things on here. I kept reading my favorite blogs, and they still post even on their bad weeks. It reminded me that I don't have to hide when I make mistakes or get discouraged, I don't have to be perfect. I also think that posting once a week is hard for me because I have to constantly be recording and saving stuff every day but not posting it. I think I will be more accountable if I try to record daily, at least that is my new goal. Also, even if I don't see results, I'm going to push myself to keep doing it, because I know Weight Watchers works, and I know that eating healthy will be better than eating crappy even if I don't always see the scale move down.
So here goes.

Sunday 2/24/13
I woke up Sunday morning before the bf so I decided to have a yummy breakfast and watch last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy without any distraction. I had this filling 5PP greek yogurt with blackberries and fiber one cereal. 

 
Then when I was dressed and motivated I went out to Target to pick up a few grocery items and then to Goodwill to see if I could find any treasures. I was hungry and didn't want to feel starving while I was out so in the middle of my shopping trip I enjoyed a Luna fiber bar for 3pp. SO good!


When I got home, I started a load of laundry and made a turkey sandwich with white cheddar cheese, had my new favorite Kettle brand baked chips and a balsamic side salad. All for 8pp.


After about five loads of laundry, playing with the brown dogs outside, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, and starting the chili for dinner, I needed an energizing snack. Mmmm Jazz apple!
For dinner I made the bf's family chili recipe, it is so flavorful, a little spicy and totally hit the spot. 6pp of chili plus my guilty pleasure, 4pp of goldfish on top.


Before bed I still had points left and needed something sweet, I picked up some nice looking strawberries from Target so I cut them up and mixed with a sugar free chocolate and vanilla pudding and some chocolate Fiber one cereal. 4pp dessert, yes please!
I did it, I stuck with it the whole day, didn't give in to any temptations and I tracked everything. It may  not seem like a big deal but for me, I have to celebrate every little victory right now so that I can keep myself motivated and not give up, because I'm really good at giving up.

What little victories do you celebrate?

3 comments:

  1. Love your ending question :)

    Just found your blog!!!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, really like that you´re getting back on track. No worries everyone has hard weeks and looses motivation and desolution. You just gotta find a way to keep you motivated - for me that´s positive thoughts how awesome I, my life, the world, my friends, the feeling after a great workout... is. I never pressure myself I have that motto "Everything you need is allready inside" I just let it "flow" when I don´t want to work out I just go to the gym and say let´s see what happens, when I get there and warm up I usually start enjoying it and soon switch to beast mode. And NO YOU DON´T HAVE TO BE PERFECT. Perfections sucks cause it´s boring and has no character. Perfection is the opposite of humanity or life itself. So don´t even care about it you should aim to be the best version of YOU not to be perfect (which would mean giving yourself up). You can do it, rock on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, I need to keep saying positive things to myself like your motto and then get myself to really believe it too.

    ReplyDelete